Friday, September 08, 2006

CCTV is widely claimed to be a success. However the Home Office's own research presents a much less clear picture even when the maximum spin is applied. Some of my earliest work was on CCTV and it is amongst some of the earliest work on CCTV. Sometimes my work is cited, more often not. I hope it is not too obvious that I'm upset that the latest Home Office work did not mention my work. What should concern all is the extent to which the lessons pointed out in that early work have been ignored and money wasted on more schemes and unnecessary research. On my website is a response to the Home Office's research. It needs work on issues around policy formation and politics and should not be regarded as the last word. I believe that the Home Office and the researchers have not been Stars of CCTV.

No comments: